Frequently Asked Questions
1. I’m interested in a German course. What should I do next?
Please contact us via email and briefly describe what classes you are interested in taking. Then, we can arrange a 60-minute, free trial lesson, during which you can get to know your teacher, test your language skills, and optimize the requirements on your computer. After the trial lesson, we’ll send you a customized quote.
2. Do I have to book a German course after the free trial lesson?
No, there are no obligations after the trial lesson. After the trial lesson, we’ll send you an offer that you can accept or decline. After you have confirmed that offer via email, your tuition and classes are confirmed.
3. When do I get a receipt? When do I have to pay the receipt?
After you have confirmed our offer, we send you an invoice. Please pay the invoice within 14 days of receipt. If that is not possible for you, please contact us so that we can discuss payment alternatives.
4. When do I have my classes? How often do I have my classes?
You decide when and how often you want to have classes. One class is normally 2 lessons (= 90 minutes). During the trial lesson, we will discuss the time and duration of your course with your teacher.
5. What equipment do I need for my classes? What software do we use for my classes?
You will need a computer, laptop or tablet and a stable internet connection. We provide all class materials on Google Drive. In our classes, we use Zoom or Skype – depending on whichever software you prefer.
6. What if there are problems with the internet during class?
If you have internet problems during your class, we can either lengthen or reschedule the class – depending on the intensity of the problems.
7. I want to use the “bring a friend” option. How does it work?
You contact us and include the name(s) and e-mail address(es) of your friend(s). Then we contact you and schedule a free trial lesson for you all.
In order to guarantee high-quality classes, your friends will need to be approximately on the same language level as you are.
8. Can I cancel a class?
If you can’t join a one-on-one-session, you can cancel the class 72 hours in advance without any charges. We then try to reschedule your class. If a one-on-one session is cancelled with less than 72 hours notice, you will be charged a fee of 15 Euro per session in order to reschedule the class. Once every 10 booked lessons you can cancel a class less than 72 hours without any charges.
In group courses, please contact the other participants first. If they agree, the same rules as for one-to-one sessions apply. The possible rescheduling fee is 10 Euro/session/person.
9. I have booked 10 lessons and want to book more lessons. What price do I have to pay?
Since you have already booked 10 previous lessons, your next booking will be either on price level 2 (if you book 10 to 20 more new lessons) or price level 3 (if you book 30 or more new lessons).
10. I have read the whole FAQ and still have some unanswered questions. What should I do?
Contact us on email@example.com! We are always happy to answer your questions!